I’m thrilled to announce that William Morrow has agreed to publish my book, Hippie Food: How Longhairs, Revolutionaries and Back-to-the-Landers Changed the Way We Eat. I have spent the past 15 years exploring the intersection of food and culture, from regional Chinese specialties newly appearing in…
Where I Work
I am a staff writer at the San Francisco Chronicle, where I cover the Bay Area's multifaceted food culture and occasionally scout out great places to eat.
- ICYMI: What does a "bona fide connection" mean for immigrants? Especially LGBT ones? https://t.co/FpwtyaYeeC, 9 hours ago
- If it does launch in 2018, the unnamed, underdescribed product will leapfrog into the market over Memphis Meats and… https://t.co/vOka1X1CFt, 12 hours ago
- Finally got to interview someone in the Marin Civic Center. Late to the appointment because gaping makes you walk more slowly, 12 hours ago
- Smart, and not a little scary https://t.co/64ephzLYtO, 14 hours ago
- Cold cuts over rice. Crisp tacos filled w/ Ethiopian bolognese. Great @hooleil piece on the cuisine of assimilation https://t.co/AKGVepjsYr, 18 hours ago